Coming this summer…
New COI Module Rolling Out
For Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Process
UH lead an effort with MIT and Kuali to develop a new Conflicts of Interest (COI) module in myGRANT. This effort was in response to UH community requests to 1) streamline the COI reporting process using our grants and contracts software, and 2) to separate Hawaii Revised Statutes, Chapter 84 COI requirements from the disclosure process required for grants and contracts. This new solution will address the research institutions’ needs.
Features of the new COI module:
- Shorter, more focused questions on Significant Financial Interests
- Option to submit information “just-in-time” before grant submission or doing so in advance
- Electronic routing
- Links between proposal, award modules and COI module
- Automatic reminders for annual disclosure updates and/or updates at the time of award
Annual disclosures for the State Ethics Commission, pertaining to Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 84, will be managed by the UH System Office of Human Resources.
- UH Executive Policy E12.214 Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- UH APM A5.504 Procedures for Disclosing and Addressing Conflicts of Interest and Commitments
- UH APM A8.956 Financial Conflict of Interest for Public Health Services Grants, Cooperative Agreements and Contracts
- Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) Forms
- General Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Assessment
- Quick Reference - What is a Significant Financial Interest?
Mandatory for PHS-funded Investigators
Other available resources