Completed UI Related Enhancements Grouped by myGRANT Version
- Complete front end redesign to be more user friendly and intuitive
- Left hand navigation; no tab and show/hide buttons
- Linear navigation through proposal creation
- Built-in userguides customized
- Search as you type for sponsor fields
- Focused pop-out windows
- Linear Navigation
- Added SOLR search for Key Personnel
- Added ability to notify key personnel to complete certification questions
- Streamlined lookups and upload process
- Quick access to proposal tools on every screen
184.108.40.206.01.12 (Rice 2.1.7)
- Sponsor Deadline Date (required) & Sponsor Deadline Type (required) has been moved from the Sponsor & Program Information folder to the Required Fields for Saving Document folder.
- Elimination of required “Description” field in Proposal Tab.
- Sponsor Deadline Time field has been added to help ensure timely proposal submissions.
- Project Summary is defaulted in the Abstract Type. The field will now be restricted to 1000 characters.
- The removal of 20 defaulted questions from the Questions Tab. Smart Questions are asked depending on the supplied data.
- This new Proposal Summary tab will allow approvers to review the entire proposal in one screen and approve.
- You will now be able to recall a proposal after it has been submitted for workflow approvals.
- Total Sponsor Cost fields are now automatically calculated by the system.
- Delegation of authority tool has been created to offer users to delegate authority.
- Enhanced routing algorithms have been developed to include PIs and key people approvers automatically in Proposal Development workflow approvals.
- Reminder indicating that information will be lost if data is not saved.
- Lookups for Sponsor, Performance Site and Unit have been improved by adding search engine functionality
- New ‘Help’ tab was added to myGRANT with links to guides and help documents (this is now the default tab when logging into myGRANT)
- Proposal Approvers can now add Notes in the Abstracts and Attachments tab while proposal is ‘enroute’
- Unit search results have been improved by making the order of fields more intuitive (Unit now appears to the left of Parent Unit)
- Message was improved when user with no permissions attempts to login to myGRANT (the message now gives ORS Helpline contact info)
- Certification Questions are no longer required for non-UH personnel.
- Improve Key Person instructions for NIH Multi-PI proposals.
- Added the ability to use html hyperlinks in myGRANT so direct links to policy can be provided in the certification questions section.
- Improved sponsor lookup by hiding confusing fields and implementing auto wildcard.
- Improved performance site lookup by hiding confusing fields and implementing auto wildcard.
- Required fields in Proposal Custom Data tab are now visible without having to click ‘show’.
- Future Approvals message (displayed when proposal is submitted) was re-worded to be more intuitive.
- Improvements to email notifications; proposal lead unit information and ORS Helpline contact information added to email, proposal due date added to email.
- Custom Data text box size was increased to improve readability of responses.
- Removed ability to edit proposal while it is pending approval of ad-hoc
- Allow ad-hoc approver to return proposal for changes.
- Made Sponsor Deadline Date a required field in order to guide proposals in a timely fashion.
- Allow Questions tab to be edited when proposal is ‘returned for changes’.
- Allow attachments to be deleted when proposal is ‘returned for changes’.
- Implement validation check after proposal has been resubmitted to prevent errors upon final submission.
- Allow approvers to view s2s grants.gov forms.
- Allow users to search for older versions and non-final versions of Institutional Proposals and Awards
- Improvements to email notifications, added type of action required to subject line (Approve, FYI, Acknowledge).
- Renamed ‘Cancel’ button to prevent accidental canceling of documents.
- Add spacing between action buttons to make it easier to navigate myGRANT on a mobile device.
- Removed confusing proposal attachment warning message.
- Made it possible for users with the proper permissions to submit document even if they are not the initiator.
- Removed ‘Disapprove’ button to prevent accidental canceling of proposals.
- Proposal ‘performance site’ field was renamed to be more intuitive.
- Improvements to email notifications, added investigator information to subject line for approvers.
- Made it possible for PI to view all their own awards in myGRANT
- Access to Central Admin and System Admin tabs were hidden in UI.