The following are some of the improvements which will be implemented in rCOI:
- Disclosures for reporters with Significant Financial Interests (SFI) will be automatically submitted to the COI administrator when new awards are received; and
- For disclosures with SFI, after the first review cycle in the new system, reviewers (e.g., immediate supervisors, deans or directors) will only have to review dispositions for new awards, and prior recommendations for existing awards will be available for reference purposes
Previously approved COI disclosures will migrate from the current electronic COI system into rCOI. After implementation, all COI disclosures required for extramural proposal submission will be entered into rCOI, which will be accessible through myGRANT similar to the current electronic COI system.
If you are involved in a proposal that is routing through myGRANT this week, please be aware of the following transition details:
- The current electronic COI module will be locked down and no longer available for use starting 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18, 2020 in order to transition to rCOI.
- If you have not updated your COI disclosure within the last 12 months, we strongly recommend that you submit an electronic disclosure for approval as soon as possible. COI disclosures which are not complete as of 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18, 2020 may have to be redone after rCOI goes live and:
- Proposals will not be submitted to extramural sponsors unless all investigators and key persons listed on the proposal have up-to-date COI disclosures.
- Awards will not be formally accepted from extramural sponsors unless all investigators and key persons have approved COI disclosures.
- Submitted disclosures that involve an SFI and are pending reviewer approval as of 5:00 p.m. on September 18, 2020 will have to be redone after rCOI goes live. All other disclosures which are pending reviewer approval will be administratively approved to ensure their transition into rCOI.
A User Guide and training information for rCOI will be made available online through the ORS COi webpage and the “User Guides” shortcut on the myGRANT homepage. Should you have any questions, please contact the Research Integrity Office via the Office of Research Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.